Tuesday 18 September 2012

Project Log - Adaptable Architecture


paulasertorio-01_diagram.jpgI am now exploring with great interest the ideas of adaptable architecture. The first thing that I think of 'adaptable architecture' is not falling into the trap of designing a structure that is 'customised' by the users, and
neglecting the fact that I am the designer, and it is my responsibility to decide how it is used and interacted with. Given this, I have been toying with the idea of a lightly adaptable skin, that contains specific used embodies in it's arrangements.

http://www.dezeen.com/2009/01/21/adaptable-architecture-gallery/

I found this idea for adaptable architecture by a group of Brazilian Architects, It is very close to the idea I had about the 'Heart of Woodfordia'. Not so much the shape, but an organised group of layers that are either stationary or movable.

No comments:

Post a Comment