Monday 30 July 2012

Short Reflection of Week 1 reading

The first weeks reading had me consider the possibilities of small relocated 'pod-like' structures. It also coincides with a article I read in GQ magazine about the perfect office. The article mentioned relocatable spaces, similar to the ones that Sadler mensions. I feel that if these pod are market correctly, they could form a new wave in sustainable living and participating in life.

Salder also mentions high level automation in architecture, I have my reservations about this. I feel that sometimes this sophisticated technology can detract and distort the purity of well thought out architectural gestures. At the same time I feel that they could have a massive positive impact if they are created in conjunction with good design.

No comments:

Post a Comment